Major Goals Managing Director
After several years of presence in India, the local subsidiary company did not achieve its business goals & objectives in terms of volume/market share or profitability, while the Indian market in general was doing well. The local management was not able to capture the growing product demand and to gain market share.
There were conflicts between the local management and the global executive team; cultural differences also contributed to the low morale, friction, and hence, business suffered.
After carefully analyzing this situation, the global executive management decided to remove the business head of India immediately and to replace him with a Brainforce Interim Managing Director.
His main taks were to improve the situation, to reorganize the local team, to restructure the business in order to capture the current growth opportunity in India until a permanent replacement is identified and installed.
The company develops and produces components and system solutions for electrical and optical connections.
Electrical Engineering Industry
In the words of the Group CEO:
“He was the perfect ad interim managing director for our operations in India! It was great to see that he was not satisfied by just holding the position but he started initiatives with a true longer-term focus as well. This is more than we could expect! I thank him very much for stabilizing the team in India and for generating a perspective for the future”. Furthermore, “We are very happy with our new management team in India”.
Main Tasks of the Managing Director
- The key goal of the interim manager was to stabilize the current Indian team which was disintegrating, people leaving the company and to stop the outflow of talent
- To calm the customer base and to keep the business running as both were under pressure due to mis-management
- To identify and to hire a new Business head for India and new talented managers to fill the gaps, to mentor the team and to make this a cohesive group to handle the future business.
- Within weeks, the local team was stabilized to full satisfaction of the executive management in Switzerland. The Interim Manager made sure the talent was retained and motivated
- He managed to retain and to broaden the customer base and the business overall. The business performance increased by three folds in terms of volume and profitability compared with the previous year. This has set the stage for further growth in years to come.
- In the Group’s worldwide ranking, the subsidiary company in India climbed to number 4th position in terms of volume and profitability, up from less than 12th position in previous years.
- The Interim Manager hired a new country General Manager and other members of the management team.